It goes without saying that when it comes to New York City, there are innumerable places where you can have fun. Here are 5 major places which will certainly keep you completely engaged and where you can enjoy to the fullest extent. You will regularly come across conventional sights such as Times Square, the Statue of Liberty or the Ellis Island. But apart from these, there are also fresher, often underrated attractions coming up. Take a look at a few of them.
- THE HIGH LINE- It is an abandoned railway track situation at an elevated area over colossal concrete piers. The High Line was transformed into a 1.45-mile 21st-century park in the year 2009. As you take a walk along this railway track, you will come across a number of innovative architectural installations such as The Standard, Neil Denari’s apartment tower that defies gravity or the Whitney Museum’s new establishment. You can even experience a bit of greenery with wooded patches and wetland grasses between the benches and walkways.
- NEW WHITNEY MUSEUM- The Whitney Museum has a new home designed by Renzo Piano. You can find it as you walk towards the southernmost end of The High Line across a beautiful waterfront. Apart from getting an idea of the familiar as well as obscure works of American art from the 20th century to the present day, you can also get to witness amazing views from the terrace of the museum. The total works are organized chronologically and thematically.
- DEL POSTO- Irrespective of what you are doing in New York City, you must take note of the meals that you eat. You get a very affordable three-course lunch option at the Del Posto restaurant, priced at just $49. This is truly a very good bargain compared to the usual standards at New York. The three-course lunch comprises of secondo, antipasto and dessert. If you can shell out an extra $10, you may as well try legendary pasta of Lidia Bastianich and Mario Batali fame.
- THE TENEMENT MUSEUM- This museum gives you a noticeable overview of how immigrant life used to be in the Lower East Side towards the beginning of the 20th century.
- QUEENS- Do not miss out the Queens Zoo and the Hall of Science at Queens. The Queens Museum hosts a number of public programs and art exhibitions. Again, at the Hall of Science both children and adults with a penchant for science can experience the impact of physics on sports.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS TO ENJOY
There are also a number of other sites in New York City worth mentioning such as the New Museum or Brooklyn, where you can have a taste of some of the best pizzas of New York. You can go to Emily in Clinton Hill to try out Lady Pizza Girl with a combination of toppings including basil, mixed herbs, pickled chili, mushrooms, havarti and ricotta.
You can also enjoy a feast at Eleven Madison Park housed in the Metropolitan Life North building. The best idea is to end your dinner at the Carlyle Hotel’s Bemelmans Bar or the Top of the Standard helping yourself to a cocktail.